Randy Hunter of Beaver was the Week 1 winner of the Deseret News high school football Grid Picks contest. He was one of only four contestants who picked 12 of 13 games correctly, but he came closest to the Fremont-Jordan tiebreaker score.
Hunter won a $100 Visa gift card courtesy of Western Timber Frames.
Runner-ups Erin Hawley of Salt Lake City and Ryan Yardley of Hurricane each won a Deseret News Grid Picks T-Shirt.
The prize for the Week 2 Grid Picks winner is a $100 Nike gift card courtesty of Airworx Utah.
An iPad 2 is up for grabs for the best overall picker after Week 10 of the high school football regular season. Each contestant's worst week will be dropped from the cumulative total — good news for those who didn't sign up in time to make Week 1 picks.
The following are the 14 games that readers will try to predict in the Week 2 contest: Brighton at Fremont, Granger at Murray, Jordan at Layton, Juan Diego at Manti, Lehi at Maple Mountain, Logan at Cottonwood, Mountain Crest at Lone Peak, Mountain View at Bountiful, Springville at Spanish Fork, Taylorsville at Hillcrest, Weber at Roy, Bonneville at Woods Cross, Delta at Millard and Alta vs. Bingham.
Contestants must register at deseretnews.com to participate and must be at least 13 years old.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13