WEST VALLEY CITY — Utah Grizzlies have acquired defenseman Ryan Turek from the Toledo Walleye in exchange for future considerations.
Turek, 23, enters his third full pro season after totaling 11 goals and 22 assists for 33 points in 53 games last year with the Victoria Salmon Kings. He led Victoria in scoring by defensemen and was also tied for second on the team with six power-play goals. He was also second on the team overall with four game-winning goals and second by scoring Victoria's first goal in five games. In addition, he was the Salmon Kings' lone representative at the ECHL All-Star Classic last January in Bakersfield.
The Michigan native was originally selected by the St. Louis Blues in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft after playing at Michigan State.
— Deseret News
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18