1. Bingham (1-0)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat West Jordan, 45-28. Outlook: Nobody doubted the Miners would win their opener, but all eyes will be on Rice-Eccles Stadium this weekend for another "Black & Blue Classic." Next up: at Alta, Saturday.
2. Alta (1-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Timpview, 35-14. Outlook: Overcame some early turnovers and a 14-0 deficit to rally past Timpview for a nice season-opening win. Next up: vs. Bingham, Saturday.
3. Lone Peak (1-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Bountiful, 37-0. Outlook: Regardless of who Bountiful was missing, scoring 37 points in the opener was a real eye-opener about the Knights' potential. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Friday.
4. Jordan (1-0)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Fremont, 19-12. Outlook: Most QBs never lead team on a game-winning drive in final minute, but Jordan freshman QB Austin Kafentzis did it in his first game. Next up: at Layton, Friday.
5. Davis (0-0-1)
Was: 5. Last week: Tied with Brighton, 0-0. Outlook: It was really no surprise Davis was shutting out Brighton when game was canceled at halftime, but the lack of offense is a bit of concern. Next up: vs. Viewmont, Friday.
6. Highland (1-0)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat West, 44-14. Outlook: For those who doubted whether the 4A champs have enough talent back to repeat, a 30-point win over West seems rather convincing. Next up: at Cedar, Friday.
7. Mountain Crest (1-0)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Provo, 31-14. Outlook: In its first game in the post-Kuresa era, the Mustangs' defense stole the show with a dominating performance. Next up: at Lone Peak, Friday.
8. Cottonwood (1-0)
Was: 10. Last week: Beat Westlake, 36-13. Outlook: The defense looked sharp at Westlake, but it faces a huge test against high-scoring Logan this week. Next up: vs. Logan, Friday.
9. Fremont (0-1)
Was: 3. Last week: Lost to Jordan, 19-12. Outlook: Offense couldn't get anything going at Jordan, especially in second half when the 'Wolves were sitting on a 12-0 lead. Next up: vs. Brighton, Friday.
10. Timpview (0-1)
Was: 6. Last week: Lost to Alta, 35-14. Outlook: Had Alta on the ropes early leading 14-0, but offense fizzled out the rest of the game. Next up: vs. Westlake, Friday.
11. Northridge (1-0)
Was: 14. Last week: Beat Sky View, 30-13. Outlook: The Knights traditionally get off to a good start, and this season is no different following a convincing win over Sky View. Next up: at Olympus, Friday.
12. Riverton (1-0)
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- BYU assistant football coach is also Bishop...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 139
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 100
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 74
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 73
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 65
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29