I, for the most part, agree with a recent editorial ("Review fireworks law," Aug. 17). My family and I have been discussing this editorial. I think that the fireworks restriction time after 10 p.m. on a work day is a fabulous idea.
I myself was awaken several times during the night due to fireworks. It was ridiculous; there were fireworks going off at 2 a.m. Seriously? It's time to go to sleep, let alone disturb everyone else in the city. However, I do not agree that the plan to return to the previous three-days-before-and-after schedule is a good idea.
It was very wise of the state of Utah to allow more powerful fireworks. It is true; lots of people drove to Evanston, Wyo., just to buy the "more illegal" fireworks secretly just to be let off when they got home.
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21