I, for the most part, agree with a recent editorial ("Review fireworks law," Aug. 17). My family and I have been discussing this editorial. I think that the fireworks restriction time after 10 p.m. on a work day is a fabulous idea.
I myself was awaken several times during the night due to fireworks. It was ridiculous; there were fireworks going off at 2 a.m. Seriously? It's time to go to sleep, let alone disturb everyone else in the city. However, I do not agree that the plan to return to the previous three-days-before-and-after schedule is a good idea.
It was very wise of the state of Utah to allow more powerful fireworks. It is true; lots of people drove to Evanston, Wyo., just to buy the "more illegal" fireworks secretly just to be let off when they got home.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25