I, for the most part, agree with a recent editorial ("Review fireworks law," Aug. 17). My family and I have been discussing this editorial. I think that the fireworks restriction time after 10 p.m. on a work day is a fabulous idea.
I myself was awaken several times during the night due to fireworks. It was ridiculous; there were fireworks going off at 2 a.m. Seriously? It's time to go to sleep, let alone disturb everyone else in the city. However, I do not agree that the plan to return to the previous three-days-before-and-after schedule is a good idea.
It was very wise of the state of Utah to allow more powerful fireworks. It is true; lots of people drove to Evanston, Wyo., just to buy the "more illegal" fireworks secretly just to be let off when they got home.
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- Letter: The Fourth
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Declining abortion rates are welcome, but it...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 52
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- My view: Poor federal stewardship... 20