Oxygen, Matt Sersion, Associated Press
NEW YORK — If the creators of "Glee" are looking for new faces to bring into the fold then they've found it with "The Glee Project."
Nineteen-year-old Samuel Larsen from Los Angeles and 18-year-old Damian McGinty of Derry City, Ireland, both won the inaugural season of the talent competition show where they each get a seven-episode arc on "Glee."
Larsen, a rocker with dreadlocks, was described as having a "cool, indy, rock spirit" that has been missing from the hit Fox show
The judges believed McGinty, however, was the most likable and most improved.
The show put 12 contestants through a "Glee" bootcamp where they were critiqued on their singing, dancing and acting throughout the 10-week series.
The other finalists, Lindsay Pearce, 20, and Alex Newell, 18, didn't go home losers. The show's co-creator Ryan Murphy was so impressed he decided to write them into two episodes of the show.
"Glee" returns for its new season in September.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible...
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Tunisian president declares state of...
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 37
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 37
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 13
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12