MIAMI — Cam Newton and Reggie Bush know what the Miami Hurricanes are going through these days.
Both have gone through NCAA investigations and scandals, much like the Hurricanes are facing now that a convicted Ponzi scheme architect has spoken out and said he provided 72 players with cars, money, gifts and even prostitutes at times between 2002 and 2010.
Bush calls the Miami situation "terrible" and says he wishes "them the best and hope for the best." Newton says he hopes Miami quarterback Jacory Harris, one of the players implicated by Nevin Shapiro in an article published by Yahoo Sports this week, has a chance to "make big plays" this season.
Newton won the Heisman Trophy last year while leading Auburn to the national title. Bush is a former Heisman winner.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20