MIAMI — Cam Newton and Reggie Bush know what the Miami Hurricanes are going through these days.
Both have gone through NCAA investigations and scandals, much like the Hurricanes are facing now that a convicted Ponzi scheme architect has spoken out and said he provided 72 players with cars, money, gifts and even prostitutes at times between 2002 and 2010.
Bush calls the Miami situation "terrible" and says he wishes "them the best and hope for the best." Newton says he hopes Miami quarterback Jacory Harris, one of the players implicated by Nevin Shapiro in an article published by Yahoo Sports this week, has a chance to "make big plays" this season.
Newton won the Heisman Trophy last year while leading Auburn to the national title. Bush is a former Heisman winner.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26