Matt Slocum, Associated Press
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. — Pitcher Braydon Salzman missed getting hit in the head by a comebacker at the Little League World Series by the thin brim of his yellow cap.
But the hard shot didn't keep the 13-year-old right-hander down on the mound long. He dusted himself off to finish the third inning with a strikeout and scored three runs, too, for Huntington Beach, Calif., in an 11-0 victory over Cumberland, R.I., on Friday.
A wild pitch in the bottom of the sixth inning allowed the winning run to score in Canada's 6-5 win over Saudi Arabia.
Two more games were on the slate Friday with the Netherlands playing Venezuela, and the highly anticipated contest between LaGrange, Ky., and the team from Clinton County, Pa., which plays home games just 30 miles from South Williamsport.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34