Chuck Burton, Associated Press
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Tommy Gainey shot a 65 on Friday to move to 12-under 128 and take a three-stroke lead after two rounds of the Wyndham Championship.
Gainey, who shared the first-round lead with Jeff Quinney, had six birdies and has the second-best 36-hole score in tournament history.
Ernie Els (66), Webb Simpson (65), Stuart Appleby (67) and Daniel Summerhays (65) were at 131. Jim Furyk (67), Alexandre Rocha (66), Paul Casey (67) and Retief Goosen (65) were four strokes back at 132.
Gainey's two-round score is second only to Carl Pettersson's 125 in 2008 at the Donald Ross-designed, par-70 Sedgefield Country Club course.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26