Chuck Burton, Associated Press
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Tommy Gainey shot a 65 on Friday to move to 12-under 128 and take a three-stroke lead after two rounds of the Wyndham Championship.
Gainey, who shared the first-round lead with Jeff Quinney, had six birdies and has the second-best 36-hole score in tournament history.
Ernie Els (66), Webb Simpson (65), Stuart Appleby (67) and Daniel Summerhays (65) were at 131. Jim Furyk (67), Alexandre Rocha (66), Paul Casey (67) and Retief Goosen (65) were four strokes back at 132.
Gainey's two-round score is second only to Carl Pettersson's 125 in 2008 at the Donald Ross-designed, par-70 Sedgefield Country Club course.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28