Chuck Burton, Associated Press
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Tommy Gainey shot a 65 on Friday to move to 12-under 128 and take a three-stroke lead after two rounds of the Wyndham Championship.
Gainey, who shared the first-round lead with Jeff Quinney, had six birdies and has the second-best 36-hole score in tournament history.
Ernie Els (66), Webb Simpson (65), Stuart Appleby (67) and Daniel Summerhays (65) were at 131. Jim Furyk (67), Alexandre Rocha (66), Paul Casey (67) and Retief Goosen (65) were four strokes back at 132.
Gainey's two-round score is second only to Carl Pettersson's 125 in 2008 at the Donald Ross-designed, par-70 Sedgefield Country Club course.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14