Chuck Burton, Associated Press
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Tommy Gainey shot a 65 on Friday to move to 12-under 128 and take a three-stroke lead after two rounds of the Wyndham Championship.
Gainey, who shared the first-round lead with Jeff Quinney, had six birdies and has the second-best 36-hole score in tournament history.
Ernie Els (66), Webb Simpson (65), Stuart Appleby (67) and Daniel Summerhays (65) were at 131. Jim Furyk (67), Alexandre Rocha (66), Paul Casey (67) and Retief Goosen (65) were four strokes back at 132.
Gainey's two-round score is second only to Carl Pettersson's 125 in 2008 at the Donald Ross-designed, par-70 Sedgefield Country Club course.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25