Timpview Thunderbirds (0-0) at Alta Hawks (0-0)
Series note: Timpview won last year's game 41-27.
About the T-Birds: The best team in 4A the past five years, they face a very tough opener. With five returning defensive starters, including Josh Burr and Carson Rawle, the T-Bird defense could be pretty good. Offensively, Timpview will lean heavily on returning RB Jonathan Ghosoph.
About the Hawks: Coming off a rare losing season, Alta is poised for a big bounce back under new coach Robert Stephens. Tight end Steven Richards will be a key component to the offense, while the defense will be led by players such as Weston Rallis, Austin Lee and Rhett Sandlin.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33