Timpview Thunderbirds (0-0) at Alta Hawks (0-0)
Series note: Timpview won last year's game 41-27.
About the T-Birds: The best team in 4A the past five years, they face a very tough opener. With five returning defensive starters, including Josh Burr and Carson Rawle, the T-Bird defense could be pretty good. Offensively, Timpview will lean heavily on returning RB Jonathan Ghosoph.
About the Hawks: Coming off a rare losing season, Alta is poised for a big bounce back under new coach Robert Stephens. Tight end Steven Richards will be a key component to the offense, while the defense will be led by players such as Weston Rallis, Austin Lee and Rhett Sandlin.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26