Timpview Thunderbirds (0-0) at Alta Hawks (0-0)
Series note: Timpview won last year's game 41-27.
About the T-Birds: The best team in 4A the past five years, they face a very tough opener. With five returning defensive starters, including Josh Burr and Carson Rawle, the T-Bird defense could be pretty good. Offensively, Timpview will lean heavily on returning RB Jonathan Ghosoph.
About the Hawks: Coming off a rare losing season, Alta is poised for a big bounce back under new coach Robert Stephens. Tight end Steven Richards will be a key component to the offense, while the defense will be led by players such as Weston Rallis, Austin Lee and Rhett Sandlin.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 52
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26