Pryor included in monday's draft
NEW YORK — Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor has been declared eligible for Monday's NFL supplemental draft but must sit out the first five games after he signs a contract.
The NFL announced Thursday he was eligible along with five other players. Pryor gave up his final season with the Buckeyes following an NCAA investigation into the football team's memorabilia-for-cash scandal.
The league informed clubs that Pryor "made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL draft." Among those, the league said, was his failure to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring of an agent in violation of NCAA rules.
Utes Soccer to open at CS fullerton
FULLERTON, Calif. — The Utah women's soccer team kicks off the 2011 season Friday with a match at Cal State Fullerton tonight at 8 p.m. MDT at Titan Stadium.
The Utes return three of their top offensive threats from last season including senior forward Erin Dalley defender Lauren Dudley and sophomore Lexi Krantz. Also back is senior defender Lauren Porter, a four-year starter from East High School.
The Utes who are coming off their first losing season records under coach Rich Manning, are picked for 11th place in their first year in the Pac-12, just ahead of Arizona.
After Friday's game, the Utes will take on BYU in Provo on Tuesday night.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 21
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 12