SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz announced the team's eight-game 2011 preseason schedule Thursday, which, if the NBA lockout ends, will feature three home games at EnergySolutions Arena for the second straight year .
Should the lockout end, the Jazz would open the preseason at Portland on Oct. 9 for the first of two meetings with the Trail Blazers. Jazz fans will get their first chance to see the team in Salt Lake City when the Jazz host Northwest Division rival Oklahoma City on Wednesday, Oct. 12, and then the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday, Oct. 14.
Next on the schedule are three games in Southern California. The Jazz are scheduled to play the Los Angeles Lakers, Oct. 16, and Clippers, Oct. 16-17, in Staples Center, before a meeting with the Lakers at the Honda Center in Anaheim on Oct. 19. This is the second straight preseason and fourth time in the last five years that the Lakers and Jazz will meet in Anaheim.
The Jazz then host Portland in the return match on Oct. 21 before wrapping up the preseason with a game against the Golden State Warriors at the Bismarck Civic Center in Bismarck, N.D., home to the NBA Development League's Dakota Wizards, on Oct. 25. This is the first time the Jazz will ever play a game in North or South Dakota.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 287
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 51
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37