In the Ribble Valley in eastern Lancashire, England, is the small village of Chatburn. Other nearby villages include Clitheroe, Downham and Rimington. Elder Heber C. Kimball served two fruitful missions in Great Britain during which he labored in this region. In particular, the villages of Chatburn and Downham were remarkably productive. This view shows the site where Heber and his companions baptized many of the converts from Chatburn, Downham (just a mile away) and perhaps other places in the area. This beautiful and historic site was first publicly identified by Carol Wilkinson of Brigham Young University in 2006.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 160
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8
- State bills to protect religious... 7