Dylan Lovan, Associated Press
HEBRON, Ky. — Noah's followers are building another ark. This one's sitting in a nondescript office park in northern Kentucky, destined for a new religious theme park.
The park is being opened by the Answers in Genesis ministry, which is devoted to a literal interpretation of the Old Testament.
The new ark is being built to the specifications of the Bible: 500 feet long and 80 feet high. And they're using the same materials and craftsmanship they think Noah would have used.
The ark will be the centerpiece of a proposed $155 million religious theme park, called the Ark Encounter, and will include other biblical icons like the Tower of Babel and an old world-style village.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- Police: 2 dead, including gunman, in...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Guantanamo prisoners in protest over women...
- Boko Haram agrees to release abducted girls
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 26
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 13
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7