"The scriptures themselves are our best sources on learning and teaching, the Savior being the perfect model of a learner/teachers," he said.
Some of the ways individuals are able to become a diligent learner include: becoming teachable and having a desire to learn; studying, searching, pondering and likening the scriptures to oneself; being a punctual, reverent listener in church meetings and at home; and being open to correction or instruction.
5. Both teacher and listener participate respectfully to invite the spirit
"It is important to remember that there are basically two kinds of meetings held in this church — one is formal and the other is informal," he said. "In a formal meeting, audience participation by way of discussion or comments is not encouraged. … On the other hand, in informal meetings … listener participation is vital for edification to occur."
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 82
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 55
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14