"The scriptures themselves are our best sources on learning and teaching, the Savior being the perfect model of a learner/teachers," he said.
Some of the ways individuals are able to become a diligent learner include: becoming teachable and having a desire to learn; studying, searching, pondering and likening the scriptures to oneself; being a punctual, reverent listener in church meetings and at home; and being open to correction or instruction.
5. Both teacher and listener participate respectfully to invite the spirit
"It is important to remember that there are basically two kinds of meetings held in this church — one is formal and the other is informal," he said. "In a formal meeting, audience participation by way of discussion or comments is not encouraged. … On the other hand, in informal meetings … listener participation is vital for edification to occur."
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution... 101
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20