BYU football: Linebackers coach Kelly Poppinga loves what he's doing, and it shows
"He puts things in perspective, and he's a fun guy," said Van Noy. "When you mess up, he'll let you know and encourage you. He's very passionate about what he does, and it brings the best out of us."
BYU camp report
DAY 9: The Cougars held their final open practice Tuesday morning in front of 1,069 fans.
STANDOUTS: Running back Joshua Quezada scored on a 12-yard touchdown run and James Lark threw a 37-yard touchdown pass to a leaping Marcus Mathews. McKay Jacobson had a 23-yard catch and Richard Wilson had an 18-yard reception. Justin Sorensen drilled a 57-yard field goal. Linebacker Kyle Van Noy recorded a "whistle" sack and Uona Kaveinga put a big hit on JJ DiLuigi, and drew a personal foul penalty.
INJURIES: Left tackle Matt Reynolds was held out due to a stomach ailment. Linebacker Ezekial Ansah sat out with a shoulder injury. Safety Travis Uale was sidelined due to cracked ribs.
NEXT UP: BYU returns to two-a-days Wednesday with a morning and an afternoon session.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34