Jon Huntsman Jr. will be seeking support from younger voters — aka "Generation H" — during a relatively inexpensive fundraiser tonight in Salt Lake City.
The "Generation H" term first garnered national publicity in a Wall Street Journal article last month.
"Jon Huntsman has a logo, a musical theme, a small arsenal of promotional videos, a Hollywood narrator and a line of travel mugs, lapel pins, baseball caps and T-shirts emblazoned with the distinctive H of his infant presidential campaign. He even has a generation named after himself. 'Generation H,' his campaign calls it."
A blog post on the Huntsman campaign website calls for Generation H individuals to become interns.
"Generation H is doing things a little differently. Huntsman interns will be in the heart of the day-to-day activities of the campaign. We will put our interns' unique talents to work in a constantly changing and educational environment. Each intern will develop marketable skills, a valuable personal network, and a unique knowledge of presidential campaigns."
Tonight's fundraising event will take place at Aristo's in Salt Lake City from 5-6 p.m. and cost $100 per attendee.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14