Jon Huntsman Jr. will be seeking support from younger voters — aka "Generation H" — during a relatively inexpensive fundraiser tonight in Salt Lake City.
The "Generation H" term first garnered national publicity in a Wall Street Journal article last month.
"Jon Huntsman has a logo, a musical theme, a small arsenal of promotional videos, a Hollywood narrator and a line of travel mugs, lapel pins, baseball caps and T-shirts emblazoned with the distinctive H of his infant presidential campaign. He even has a generation named after himself. 'Generation H,' his campaign calls it."
A blog post on the Huntsman campaign website calls for Generation H individuals to become interns.
"Generation H is doing things a little differently. Huntsman interns will be in the heart of the day-to-day activities of the campaign. We will put our interns' unique talents to work in a constantly changing and educational environment. Each intern will develop marketable skills, a valuable personal network, and a unique knowledge of presidential campaigns."
Tonight's fundraising event will take place at Aristo's in Salt Lake City from 5-6 p.m. and cost $100 per attendee.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for under-performing...
- Trail of nightmare abuse outlined in charges...
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow include...
- Utah too dependent on federal dollars, state...
- Josh Romney first on scene of crash,... 59
- Should parents pay extra for... 41
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban 20
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 18
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 14
- Hate to eat and run, but I'm going... 12