At 6-foot-6, 280 pounds, Davis is the right size to play offensive lineman, but he'll leave that to the young guys. He prefers to spend his spare time on the golf course and has enjoyed getting to know the local courses since his return to Utah.
And after 10 stops in nearly three decades, the 53-year-old Davis would like to stick around Utah for awhile.
"I love it here and my family loves it," he said. "It's changed so much, yet stayed the same. They've done a great job with the university here with the programs. Mac started it, then Urban and now Whit. Whit's done a tremendous job. He has a plan and is on the right road."
Tim Davis file
Recruited to Utah in 1978 by coach Wayne Howard, played three years.
Was offensive line coach at Utah from 1990-1996
Has coached in the Big Ten, Pac-10, SEC, and NFL
Coached with Norm Chow on USC's national championship team in 2004
Utah camp report
DAY 10: The Utes practiced in the morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium and again capped a double day with a late afternoon session at the baseball field.
STANDOUTS: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said kickers Nick Marsh and Coleman Petersen performed well. Cornerback Mo Lee is "continuing to get better every day."
INJURIES: Cornerback Conroy Black suffered a thigh bruise.
NEXT UP: A scrimmage Tuesday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 69
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34