At 6-foot-6, 280 pounds, Davis is the right size to play offensive lineman, but he'll leave that to the young guys. He prefers to spend his spare time on the golf course and has enjoyed getting to know the local courses since his return to Utah.
And after 10 stops in nearly three decades, the 53-year-old Davis would like to stick around Utah for awhile.
"I love it here and my family loves it," he said. "It's changed so much, yet stayed the same. They've done a great job with the university here with the programs. Mac started it, then Urban and now Whit. Whit's done a tremendous job. He has a plan and is on the right road."
Tim Davis file
Recruited to Utah in 1978 by coach Wayne Howard, played three years.
Was offensive line coach at Utah from 1990-1996
Has coached in the Big Ten, Pac-10, SEC, and NFL
Coached with Norm Chow on USC's national championship team in 2004
Utah camp report
DAY 10: The Utes practiced in the morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium and again capped a double day with a late afternoon session at the baseball field.
STANDOUTS: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said kickers Nick Marsh and Coleman Petersen performed well. Cornerback Mo Lee is "continuing to get better every day."
INJURIES: Cornerback Conroy Black suffered a thigh bruise.
NEXT UP: A scrimmage Tuesday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 67
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 64
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 49
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 30
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- High school recruiting: Jackson Barton,... 20