"One of the positive things we have going for us is we have guys with experience from last season. We definitely have a lot of confidence from last season," Kariya said. "We have a really tough opening schedule and we're playing a lot of great teams. It's great to win every game by 30 or 40 points. I don't know if that's going to be the case; hopefully it will. But we're preparing as well as we can right now to ensure that type of success. We are focused on making sure we can make plays and establish ourselves as a powerful and strong offense this season."
How good can BYU's offense be with Doman at the controls, and with so many weapons?
"We've got to bring it together and we all have to put time in the film room and make sure we know our assignments," said center Terence Brown. "Our position mastery has got to be exact. That's what we need to do. The talent's there. The sky's the limit."
BYU camp report
DAY 8: The Cougars held two practices Monday, a morning session and an afternoon session. The afternoon practice was closed to the media.
STANDOUTS: BYU's defense bounced back in a big way Monday morning after a less-than-stellar performance in Saturday's scrimmage. The Cougar 'D' did not allow the offense a single first down in five series. Ezekial Ansah and Jameson Frazier both recorded sacks while Kyle Van Noy stopped running back Joshua Quezada four yards behind the line of scrimmage.
INJURIES: Free safety Travis Uale was sidelined Monday with sore ribs.
NEXT UP: BYU returns to practice Tuesday with a morning practice (10:15) that's open to the public.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41