"One of the positive things we have going for us is we have guys with experience from last season. We definitely have a lot of confidence from last season," Kariya said. "We have a really tough opening schedule and we're playing a lot of great teams. It's great to win every game by 30 or 40 points. I don't know if that's going to be the case; hopefully it will. But we're preparing as well as we can right now to ensure that type of success. We are focused on making sure we can make plays and establish ourselves as a powerful and strong offense this season."
How good can BYU's offense be with Doman at the controls, and with so many weapons?
"We've got to bring it together and we all have to put time in the film room and make sure we know our assignments," said center Terence Brown. "Our position mastery has got to be exact. That's what we need to do. The talent's there. The sky's the limit."
BYU camp report
DAY 8: The Cougars held two practices Monday, a morning session and an afternoon session. The afternoon practice was closed to the media.
STANDOUTS: BYU's defense bounced back in a big way Monday morning after a less-than-stellar performance in Saturday's scrimmage. The Cougar 'D' did not allow the offense a single first down in five series. Ezekial Ansah and Jameson Frazier both recorded sacks while Kyle Van Noy stopped running back Joshua Quezada four yards behind the line of scrimmage.
INJURIES: Free safety Travis Uale was sidelined Monday with sore ribs.
NEXT UP: BYU returns to practice Tuesday with a morning practice (10:15) that's open to the public.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Ben Lomond Scots 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16