Kam Mickolio Reno AAA Diamondbacks
Pitcher played for Utah Valley University
Gave up 5 runs without getting an out on Wed.
Matthew Neil Jamestown A Marlins
Pitched for BYU
Scattered 9 hits in a 6-inning start
Stephen Parker Midland AA Athletics
Played third base for BYU and American Fork
Went 3-for-4 with 4 RBIs on Aug. 7
Tanner Robles Dayton A Reds
Pitched for Cottonwood High
Threw a complete-game 1-hitter in last start
Braeden Schlehuber Mississippi AA Braves
Catcher played for Viewmont High
Hit an RBI double on Saturday
Egan Smith Lansing A Blue Jays
Pitched for Pleasant Grove High
Improved his record to 6-5 on Friday
Jordan Smith Louisville AAA Reds
Pitcher from Pleasant Grove
Hasn't given up a run since Aug. 1
Justin Smith Palm Beach A Cardinals
Pitched for Utah Valley University
75 strikeouts in 812
3 innings this season
Matt Spring Portland AA Red Sox
Catcher played for Dixie State
Hit two doubles this week
Mitch Talbot Columbus AAA Indians
Pitcher from Cedar City
Being used as a relief pitcher in Triple-A
Keenyn Walker Kannapolis A White Sox
Played outfield for Judge Memorial H.S.
Hit his first triple of the year on Aug. 7
Jordan Whatcott Clearwater A Phillies
Pitched for the University of Utah
Got the win in relief on Wednesday
Around the horn
Some dumb Injuries
Brewers lefthander Chris Narveson is expected to miss three starts after needing eight stitches in his left thumb. He sliced himself with scissors while trying to fix his glove.
And it wasn't the first dumb injury for a Milwaukee player this season. In spring training, Zach Braddock was stung by a scorpion and Zack Greinke broke a rib playing basketball. More recently, Corey Hart strained his oblique when he slipped on wet grass.
So close, and yet so far
Bill Chuck, editor of Billy-Ball.com, points out that David Chester of the Gulf Coast League Red Sox homered against the visiting GCL Twins on July 12 before the game was suspended because of weather. When it was completed at the Twins' complex 4 days later, he homered again. So he has the distinction of hitting two home runs in the same game in different ballparks.
—Philadelphia Daily News
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best Pac-12...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 60
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29