Manning almost blended into the crowd on the Colts sideline in blue jeans and wearing a ball cap, but his presence on the field was sorely missed. Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky threw costly interceptions early, giving the Rams possession deep in Indianapolis territory to set up 10 easy points.
Bradford was in for 24 snaps and was 7-for-12 for 45 yards and a touchdown. He also had a chat with Manning on the field after the game.
Rams backup running back Cadillac Williams had 40 yards on 11 carries with a 1-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Keith Toston had 64 yards and a 5-yard score.
PANTHERS 20, GIANTS 10: At Charlotte, N.C., Cam Newton led a pair of field-goal drives in his NFL debut, and Jimmy Clausen threw a touchdown pass to Greg Olsen to help Carolina beat the New York Giants.
Newton, the Heisman Trophy winner from Auburn and top overall pick in the NFL draft, struggled with his accuracy and twice failed to get the Panthers into the end zone on promising first-half drives.
Newton completed 8-of-19 throws for 134 yards, including a pair of completions of at least 30 yards. He entered the game to loud cheers on Carolina's first drive of the second quarter and left early in the fourth.
Michael Boley returned an interception 56 yards for a score in the game's opening minutes for the Giants' only touchdown.
It was a forgettable night for New York's offense, which never reached the end zone. Lawrence Tynes missed two field goals and had another blocked in the fourth.
Giants quarterback Eli Manning didn't lead a scoring drive in his five series, completing 4-of-9 passes for just 36 yards. He also slightly overthrew Hakeem Nicks on what could've been a big third-down gain on his first possession, forcing Tynes to try a 56-yard field goal.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5