Ty Detmer says the BYU football team isn't a well-oiled machine yet, but it's getting there.
Detmer himself looked sharp in the scrimmage, completing 17 of 25 passes for 263 yards. The Heisman Trophy winner also spent more time chewing out teammates for lack of effort.
"We've been dragging the last few days," he said. "I figured it was time to start pushing them."
Still, both Detmer and coach LaVell Edwards were satisfied that this session was much improved over the first scrimmage, and that the team was pretty much on schedule for its date with Florida State.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 43
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 39
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6