Ty Detmer says the BYU football team isn't a well-oiled machine yet, but it's getting there.
Detmer himself looked sharp in the scrimmage, completing 17 of 25 passes for 263 yards. The Heisman Trophy winner also spent more time chewing out teammates for lack of effort.
"We've been dragging the last few days," he said. "I figured it was time to start pushing them."
Still, both Detmer and coach LaVell Edwards were satisfied that this session was much improved over the first scrimmage, and that the team was pretty much on schedule for its date with Florida State.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32