Tony Gutierrez, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — When center Andre Gurode reported to Dallas Cowboys training camp with a recently repaired knee, Phil Costa was bumped up to the first team.
Gurode returned to play Saturday and immediately regained his spot over the ball in front of Tony Romo. However, Costa may not be going far.
Team owner Jerry Jones practically promised Costa a spot in the starting lineup, either in Gurode's place at center or perhaps at left guard, where rookie David Arkin is playing.
Jones says he' doesn't know "if anyone has had a better preseason than he's had."
On Saturday, Arkin was still at left guard on the first team, with Costa snapping for the second team.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34