SALT LAKE CITY — The Deseret News has confirmed that the Utah Sports Commission has formally submitted a proposal, along with EnergySolutions Arena and other community partners, to bring the Pac-12 men's and women's basketball tournaments to Salt Lake City, beginning in 2013.
Details and specifics were not immediately available.
Earlier this week, Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott told ESPN.com that the conference was "currently looking at the future of our basketball tournament and evaluating its location."
Friday was the deadline to submit bids.
The Sporting News reported in July that officials from Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake CIty, San Francisco/Oakland, Seattle and Tucson were "thought to be preparing bids" for the tournament, which could contractually leave Los Angeles, the Staples Center and USC's Galen Center (used for early women's rounds) after 2012.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48