SALT LAKE CITY — The Deseret News has confirmed that the Utah Sports Commission has formally submitted a proposal, along with EnergySolutions Arena and other community partners, to bring the Pac-12 men's and women's basketball tournaments to Salt Lake City, beginning in 2013.
Details and specifics were not immediately available.
Earlier this week, Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott told ESPN.com that the conference was "currently looking at the future of our basketball tournament and evaluating its location."
Friday was the deadline to submit bids.
The Sporting News reported in July that officials from Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake CIty, San Francisco/Oakland, Seattle and Tucson were "thought to be preparing bids" for the tournament, which could contractually leave Los Angeles, the Staples Center and USC's Galen Center (used for early women's rounds) after 2012.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25