PROVO — The BYU men's basketball team is headed to Greece for a five-game tour that includes competition against professional teams in Athens and Platanias.
The team will depart Monday for a 10-day trip that includes sightseeing. The NCAA allows teams to make a foreign tour once every four years.
The Cougars began practicing Aug. 1 in preparation for the trip. Their last overseas trip was to France in 2007.
Charles Abouo and Noah Hartsock are the team's elder statesmen this season. The trip will give coach Dave Rose a look at redshirt freshman Anson Winder and junior Craig Cusick in the backcourt.
School officials say Brandon Davies, suspended last season for an honor code violation, is not traveling to Greece. They say Davies' situation is still being reviewed by the honor code office.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24