PROVO — The BYU men's basketball team is headed to Greece for a five-game tour that includes competition against professional teams in Athens and Platanias.
The team will depart Monday for a 10-day trip that includes sightseeing. The NCAA allows teams to make a foreign tour once every four years.
The Cougars began practicing Aug. 1 in preparation for the trip. Their last overseas trip was to France in 2007.
Charles Abouo and Noah Hartsock are the team's elder statesmen this season. The trip will give coach Dave Rose a look at redshirt freshman Anson Winder and junior Craig Cusick in the backcourt.
School officials say Brandon Davies, suspended last season for an honor code violation, is not traveling to Greece. They say Davies' situation is still being reviewed by the honor code office.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32