PROVO — The BYU men's basketball team is headed to Greece for a five-game tour that includes competition against professional teams in Athens and Platanias.
The team will depart Monday for a 10-day trip that includes sightseeing. The NCAA allows teams to make a foreign tour once every four years.
The Cougars began practicing Aug. 1 in preparation for the trip. Their last overseas trip was to France in 2007.
Charles Abouo and Noah Hartsock are the team's elder statesmen this season. The trip will give coach Dave Rose a look at redshirt freshman Anson Winder and junior Craig Cusick in the backcourt.
School officials say Brandon Davies, suspended last season for an honor code violation, is not traveling to Greece. They say Davies' situation is still being reviewed by the honor code office.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28