David Axelrod, senior adviser to President Barack Obama, denied a Politico report Friday morning that the Obama campaign's game plan concerning Mitt Romney is to smear the GOP frontrunner.
On Wednesday Politico cited anonymous sources in reporting that the Obama campaign was "preparing to center the president's reelection campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney's character and business background."
But, as noted in an ABC News blog post, Axelrod categorically denied the reports while appearing on two morning news shows.
"In an interview on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe,' David Axelrod, President Barack Obama's senior advisor, said he would go as far as firing anyone who referred to presidential candidate Mitt Romney as 'weird.' … And on ABC's 'Good Morning America,' Axelrod suggested that reporters should stop relying on these unnamed sources."
The Huffington Post reported Friday that, while Axelrod was making nice with Romney, the Obama senior adviser also lobbed figurative firebombs at Gov. Rick Perry, the Republican who will announce his candidacy today.
Part of Rick Perry's pitch is the Texas economy, which has fared better than most states during the nation's economic troubles. Obama senior political adviser David Axelrod says Texas benefited from booming oil prices and increased military spending on two wars. … 'When you examine the entire record of what's happened to education in that state, what's happened to health care in that state, it's a record of decimation — not of progress,' Axelrod said."
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 13
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9