David Axelrod, senior adviser to President Barack Obama, denied a Politico report Friday morning that the Obama campaign's game plan concerning Mitt Romney is to smear the GOP frontrunner.
On Wednesday Politico cited anonymous sources in reporting that the Obama campaign was "preparing to center the president's reelection campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney's character and business background."
But, as noted in an ABC News blog post, Axelrod categorically denied the reports while appearing on two morning news shows.
"In an interview on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe,' David Axelrod, President Barack Obama's senior advisor, said he would go as far as firing anyone who referred to presidential candidate Mitt Romney as 'weird.' … And on ABC's 'Good Morning America,' Axelrod suggested that reporters should stop relying on these unnamed sources."
The Huffington Post reported Friday that, while Axelrod was making nice with Romney, the Obama senior adviser also lobbed figurative firebombs at Gov. Rick Perry, the Republican who will announce his candidacy today.
Part of Rick Perry's pitch is the Texas economy, which has fared better than most states during the nation's economic troubles. Obama senior political adviser David Axelrod says Texas benefited from booming oil prices and increased military spending on two wars. … 'When you examine the entire record of what's happened to education in that state, what's happened to health care in that state, it's a record of decimation — not of progress,' Axelrod said."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14