Dolores Ochoa, Associated Press
BOGOTA, Colombia — One quarterfinal matchup in the Under-20 World Cup is overshadowing the rest: Brazil vs. Spain.
This does not do justice to the other quarterfinals, with Nigeria — perhaps the best team so far — against France, host country Colombia against Mexico and six-time champion Argentina facing Portugal.
Brazil and Spain have the name recognition inherited from their senior teams. Brazil has won the senior World Cup five times — more than anyone else — and Spain is the defending champion. Spain's quick passing style and possession game are being copied by the U-20 team led by Sergio Canales and Alvaro Vazquez.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 150
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 61
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 19