Dolores Ochoa, Associated Press
BOGOTA, Colombia — One quarterfinal matchup in the Under-20 World Cup is overshadowing the rest: Brazil vs. Spain.
This does not do justice to the other quarterfinals, with Nigeria — perhaps the best team so far — against France, host country Colombia against Mexico and six-time champion Argentina facing Portugal.
Brazil and Spain have the name recognition inherited from their senior teams. Brazil has won the senior World Cup five times — more than anyone else — and Spain is the defending champion. Spain's quick passing style and possession game are being copied by the U-20 team led by Sergio Canales and Alvaro Vazquez.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45