Dolores Ochoa, Associated Press
BOGOTA, Colombia — One quarterfinal matchup in the Under-20 World Cup is overshadowing the rest: Brazil vs. Spain.
This does not do justice to the other quarterfinals, with Nigeria — perhaps the best team so far — against France, host country Colombia against Mexico and six-time champion Argentina facing Portugal.
Brazil and Spain have the name recognition inherited from their senior teams. Brazil has won the senior World Cup five times — more than anyone else — and Spain is the defending champion. Spain's quick passing style and possession game are being copied by the U-20 team led by Sergio Canales and Alvaro Vazquez.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26