LM Otero, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — Tim Tebow showed off his fancy moves on a wild play that didn't even count.
Tebow's failed scramble just before halftime stood as the play of the game, until Stephen McGee — another option quarterback in college — ran around to throw a 13-yard touchdown pass and a two-point conversion with 15 seconds left, giving the Dallas Cowboys a 24-23 victory over the Denver Broncos in a preseason opener Thursday night.
Tebow led the Broncos to two field goals in four drives. The first came on a drive that started on his own 10-yard line, the other on a series that started 7 yards from the end zone. He completed 6 of 7 passes for 91 yards. He also ran twice for 15 yards.
McGee threw three TD passes.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18