LM Otero, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — Tim Tebow showed off his fancy moves on a wild play that didn't even count.
Tebow's failed scramble just before halftime stood as the play of the game, until Stephen McGee — another option quarterback in college — ran around to throw a 13-yard touchdown pass and a two-point conversion with 15 seconds left, giving the Dallas Cowboys a 24-23 victory over the Denver Broncos in a preseason opener Thursday night.
Tebow led the Broncos to two field goals in four drives. The first came on a drive that started on his own 10-yard line, the other on a series that started 7 yards from the end zone. He completed 6 of 7 passes for 91 yards. He also ran twice for 15 yards.
McGee threw three TD passes.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48