LM Otero, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — Tim Tebow showed off his fancy moves on a wild play that didn't even count.
Tebow's failed scramble just before halftime stood as the play of the game, until Stephen McGee — another option quarterback in college — ran around to throw a 13-yard touchdown pass and a two-point conversion with 15 seconds left, giving the Dallas Cowboys a 24-23 victory over the Denver Broncos in a preseason opener Thursday night.
Tebow led the Broncos to two field goals in four drives. The first came on a drive that started on his own 10-yard line, the other on a series that started 7 yards from the end zone. He completed 6 of 7 passes for 91 yards. He also ran twice for 15 yards.
McGee threw three TD passes.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 105
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 77
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27