Because the tea partyers won't compromise, we have a president who finally heard the voice of America. Other groups were not successful in getting his ear. The tea party is founded on all those things everyone enjoyed and perhaps took for granted for years.
If not for the tea partyers holding strong, there wouldn't have been much change in the way government was running after the elections of 2010. Because of the tea partyers, many Americans finally feel there is a group with a voice and a message that represents exactly how they feel.
Compromise? Why? It didn't work with the stimulus package. Why would it work now?
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 35
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27