BETHLEHEM, Pa. — The Philadelphia Eagles agreed to terms with former New York Giants wide receiver Steve Smith on a one-year deal Wednesday.
The 26-year-old Smith had 220 catches for 2,386 yards and 11 touchdowns in four seasons with the Giants. In his 2009 Pro Bowl season, he caught a franchise-record 107 passes for 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns.
Smith sustained a season-ending left knee injury in the Giants' win over the Vikings at Ford Field in Detroit on Dec. 13 and had microfracture surgery eight days later. He said Wednesday night he believes he'll be able to play soon.
SUPERDOME UPGRADE COMPLETE: A $336 million upgrade that began after Hurricane Katrina wrecked the Louisiana Superdome is finished with state and city officials saying it has "all the bells and whistles" of a new stadium.
Katrina in 2005 stripped away part of the roof and dumped water throughout. People who had nowhere else to go also flocked to the building, leaving it in a horrible condition.
Gov. Bobby Jindal says the Superdome will provide $41.1 billion in economic benefits to the city and state.
This season's Sugar Bowl at the stadium will be the site of the college football national championship game.
NFL on the air
Seahawks at Chargers
6 p.m., ESPN
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Pac-12 conference is off to strong start in 2014
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 112
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 84
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28