BETHLEHEM, Pa. — The Philadelphia Eagles agreed to terms with former New York Giants wide receiver Steve Smith on a one-year deal Wednesday.
The 26-year-old Smith had 220 catches for 2,386 yards and 11 touchdowns in four seasons with the Giants. In his 2009 Pro Bowl season, he caught a franchise-record 107 passes for 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns.
Smith sustained a season-ending left knee injury in the Giants' win over the Vikings at Ford Field in Detroit on Dec. 13 and had microfracture surgery eight days later. He said Wednesday night he believes he'll be able to play soon.
SUPERDOME UPGRADE COMPLETE: A $336 million upgrade that began after Hurricane Katrina wrecked the Louisiana Superdome is finished with state and city officials saying it has "all the bells and whistles" of a new stadium.
Katrina in 2005 stripped away part of the roof and dumped water throughout. People who had nowhere else to go also flocked to the building, leaving it in a horrible condition.
Gov. Bobby Jindal says the Superdome will provide $41.1 billion in economic benefits to the city and state.
This season's Sugar Bowl at the stadium will be the site of the college football national championship game.
NFL on the air
Seahawks at Chargers
6 p.m., ESPN
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33