Who is this new senator who is emerging from his conservative cocoon, after more the 30 years of slumber? I am talking about Sen. Orrin Hatch. He is suddenly joined at the hip with Sen. Mike Lee; talk about scrambling for his political life.
With what happened to Bob Bennett and with the tea party breathing down his neck, Hatch is suddenly this pillar of conservatism. If you look closely at Hatch's lips as he was trying to explain the debt ceiling crisis, you could actually see Lee's lips moving.
Too bad Hatch wasted the first 30 years writing sonatas to the Kennedys and flopping with the Democrats on countless issues. Hatch better hope Rep. Jason Chaffetz doesn't decide to run against him.
Keith M. Baker
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21