Who is this new senator who is emerging from his conservative cocoon, after more the 30 years of slumber? I am talking about Sen. Orrin Hatch. He is suddenly joined at the hip with Sen. Mike Lee; talk about scrambling for his political life.
With what happened to Bob Bennett and with the tea party breathing down his neck, Hatch is suddenly this pillar of conservatism. If you look closely at Hatch's lips as he was trying to explain the debt ceiling crisis, you could actually see Lee's lips moving.
Too bad Hatch wasted the first 30 years writing sonatas to the Kennedys and flopping with the Democrats on countless issues. Hatch better hope Rep. Jason Chaffetz doesn't decide to run against him.
Keith M. Baker
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 77
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 41
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36