Who is this new senator who is emerging from his conservative cocoon, after more the 30 years of slumber? I am talking about Sen. Orrin Hatch. He is suddenly joined at the hip with Sen. Mike Lee; talk about scrambling for his political life.
With what happened to Bob Bennett and with the tea party breathing down his neck, Hatch is suddenly this pillar of conservatism. If you look closely at Hatch's lips as he was trying to explain the debt ceiling crisis, you could actually see Lee's lips moving.
Too bad Hatch wasted the first 30 years writing sonatas to the Kennedys and flopping with the Democrats on countless issues. Hatch better hope Rep. Jason Chaffetz doesn't decide to run against him.
Keith M. Baker
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: Poor federal stewardship threatens...
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school funds...
- Letter: Messy tax code
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- My view: $1.2 billion for nutrient removal is...
- In our opinion: Don't let 50-year-old Land...
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 86
- Letter: Sovereign flag 47
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 28
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18
- In our opinion: APUSH in the wrong... 18
- Letter: Nationwide health care 17
- My view: Why America exists: A Fourth... 15