Who is this new senator who is emerging from his conservative cocoon, after more the 30 years of slumber? I am talking about Sen. Orrin Hatch. He is suddenly joined at the hip with Sen. Mike Lee; talk about scrambling for his political life.
With what happened to Bob Bennett and with the tea party breathing down his neck, Hatch is suddenly this pillar of conservatism. If you look closely at Hatch's lips as he was trying to explain the debt ceiling crisis, you could actually see Lee's lips moving.
Too bad Hatch wasted the first 30 years writing sonatas to the Kennedys and flopping with the Democrats on countless issues. Hatch better hope Rep. Jason Chaffetz doesn't decide to run against him.
Keith M. Baker
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on...
- My view: End Utah taxpayers’ losing streak
- In our opinion: Public financial support for...
- Letter: Shooter's motives
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Letter: Shooter's motives 40
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 31
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 31
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 22