Who is this new senator who is emerging from his conservative cocoon, after more the 30 years of slumber? I am talking about Sen. Orrin Hatch. He is suddenly joined at the hip with Sen. Mike Lee; talk about scrambling for his political life.
With what happened to Bob Bennett and with the tea party breathing down his neck, Hatch is suddenly this pillar of conservatism. If you look closely at Hatch's lips as he was trying to explain the debt ceiling crisis, you could actually see Lee's lips moving.
Too bad Hatch wasted the first 30 years writing sonatas to the Kennedys and flopping with the Democrats on countless issues. Hatch better hope Rep. Jason Chaffetz doesn't decide to run against him.
Keith M. Baker
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 32
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19