"When they moved me, I weighed 195 pounds, running up against 310-pound linemen and tackles and they were tossing me around," Sorensen recalled. "In the UCLA game, it happened three or four times. That's on my highlight film — I don't know why. It was an adjustment, a physical adjustment. You have to get in the trenches and be physical."
Sorensen ended up totaling 17 tackles, 3.5 tackles-for-loss, a sack and an interception as a freshman. Now, he's happy to be back at safety.
"Kat safety is more open space, and you have to see everything," Sorensen said. "I realized this is where I'm supposed to be. I'm a lot more comfortable. At first it was awkward. It's a different perspective, and there are different reads. But it's a lot more fun. I'm glad where I'm at. I hope they don't move me anytime soon."
BYU camp report
DAY 4: BYU held a morning practice in helmets and shoulder pads.
STANDOUTS: Running back JJ Di Luigi caught a 37-yard touchdown pass from Jake Heaps. Later, Di Luigi skirted outside for a 14-yard touchdown run. Heaps completed 5-of-6 passes for 98 yards. Wide receiver Dallin Cutler had one catch for 36 yards.
INJURIES: Freshman tight end Colby Jorgensen suffered a dislocated shoulder on a hit by defensive back Preston Hadley. Linebacker Jordan Pendleton and wide receiver Ross Apo were held out of live drills. Running back Joshua Quezada (ankle) participated in live drills for the first time.
NEXT UP: The Cougars will hold another morning practice session today, then participate in a team photo session in the afternoon.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22