On the front page of the local section on Aug. 8 there is a photo of 13 folks from the Outdoor Retailers Convention trying out a giant stand up paddleboard on Jordanelle Reservoir. None of them are wearing life jackets.
Utah has had too many accidental drownings this year. Outdoor retailers should promote safety.
Brian M. Barnard
Salt Lake City
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17