On the front page of the local section on Aug. 8 there is a photo of 13 folks from the Outdoor Retailers Convention trying out a giant stand up paddleboard on Jordanelle Reservoir. None of them are wearing life jackets.
Utah has had too many accidental drownings this year. Outdoor retailers should promote safety.
Brian M. Barnard
Salt Lake City
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- National debt not just financial issue...
- Letter: Put people in control
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27