On the front page of the local section on Aug. 8 there is a photo of 13 folks from the Outdoor Retailers Convention trying out a giant stand up paddleboard on Jordanelle Reservoir. None of them are wearing life jackets.
Utah has had too many accidental drownings this year. Outdoor retailers should promote safety.
Brian M. Barnard
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family