Funeral Wednesday for Chieko Okazaki, former LDS Relief Society leader and author
SALT LAKE CITY— Funeral services for two beloved former leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held this week — on different days at the same LDS stake center.
Funeral services for Chieko N. Okazaki, a former counselor in the Relief Society general presidency, will be held Wednesday at 11 a.m. at the Salt Lake Holladay South Stake Center, 4917 S. Viewmont Street (2200 East). Viewings will be held Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at the Larkin Sunset Lawn mortuary, 2350 E. 1300 South, and also Wednesday prior to the funeral from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at the stake center. Burial will be at the Mountain View Memorial Cemetery, 3115 Bengal Blvd. (7800 South) in Salt Lake City.
In lieu of flowers, the family invites contributions to the Edward Yukio and Chieko Okazaki Room Fund at the College of Social Work, University of Utah, 395 S. 1500 East #101, Salt Lake City, UT 84112; or online: tiny.utah.edu/okazaki.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20