Funeral Wednesday for Chieko Okazaki, former LDS Relief Society leader and author
SALT LAKE CITY— Funeral services for two beloved former leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held this week — on different days at the same LDS stake center.
Funeral services for Chieko N. Okazaki, a former counselor in the Relief Society general presidency, will be held Wednesday at 11 a.m. at the Salt Lake Holladay South Stake Center, 4917 S. Viewmont Street (2200 East). Viewings will be held Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at the Larkin Sunset Lawn mortuary, 2350 E. 1300 South, and also Wednesday prior to the funeral from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at the stake center. Burial will be at the Mountain View Memorial Cemetery, 3115 Bengal Blvd. (7800 South) in Salt Lake City.
In lieu of flowers, the family invites contributions to the Edward Yukio and Chieko Okazaki Room Fund at the College of Social Work, University of Utah, 395 S. 1500 East #101, Salt Lake City, UT 84112; or online: tiny.utah.edu/okazaki.
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 23
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7