CONCORD, N.H. — Mitt Romney says the nation's credit problem arose because President Barack Obama has failed to show leadership on the economy.
The Republican presidential contender tells the Concord Chamber of Commerce in a New Hampshire campaign appearance that Obama must do more to restore the nation's credit rating. Standard & Poor's downgraded it late last week.
Romney called the downgrade a wakeup call. The former Massachusetts governor described Obama's leadership, in his words, as "a blame presidency." And Romney says the president must reach across the aisle and stop bashing his political opponents.
Romney did not say what he would have done differently. Instead, he repeated support for the so-called cut, cap, and balance plan backed by congressional Republicans that was abandoned because it couldn't win enough Democratic votes.
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Hero2Hire helps veterans, spouses find...
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- More jobs are available, but new grads... 5
- Media CEOs are the highest-paid... 3
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs 1