Mike Sorensen: Football is starting, so it's time for predictions for the in-state teams
Worst-case scenario: 3-8 — After getting blown out on the road at Wyoming and Utah State, the Weebs lose their only September home game before losing two more Big Sky road games, including one at defending FCS national champion Eastern Washington.
Most likely scenario: 5-6 — The Wildcats should beat Idaho State, Northern Arizona and Sacramento State at home and could pick up road wins at Northern Colorado and Portland State. But home games against Southern Utah and Montana State won't be easy and the road games at Montana, EWU, Wyoming and Utah State will be tough to win.
Best-case scenario: 10-1 — Just four years removed from an 0-11 season, the T-Birds knock off UNLV and Weber State on the road and quarterback Brad Sorensen wins the Walter Payton award as the top FCS offensive player and coach Ed Lamb is coach of the year.
Worst-case scenario: 4-7 — The T-Birds struggle on the road with two trips to South Dakota and games against traditional FCS powers Cal Poly and Northern Iowa, along with Big Sky schools Weber State and Northern Arizona and the Mountain West's UNLV.
Most likely scenario: 8-3 — With only four home games, it will be tough for the T-Birds to get to nine wins. But the T-Birds were never out of any game last year and only lost to FCS national champion Eastern Washington by a touchdown on the road. The T-Birds, who were ranked No. 16 in the preseason by the Sporting News, could end up with the best record among the state's college football teams.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27