ROUND ROCK, Texas — The Round Rock Express rallied for three runs in the sixth inning on their way to a 3-1 victory over the Salt Lake Bees on Saturday night.
Craig Gentry led off the sixth with a double and scored the tying run on a two-out single by Val Majeski, who came home with the go-ahead run on a double to left by Chad Tracy. Joey Butler closed out the scoring with an RBI single that brought home Tracy.
The Bees had taken a 1-0 lead in the first inning on a run-scoring single by Paul McAnulty. Salt Lake had a chance to add to its lead in the fourth, as the Bees loaded the bases with no outs on three consecutive walks. But Round Rock starter Zach Jackson worked his way out of the jam without allowing a run.
Salt Lake starter Bear Bay (7-8) took the loss, as he allowed three runs on seven hits in six innings with two strikeouts and no walks. Salt Lake managed just three hits, as Round Rock took three out of four games from the Bees for the third straight season.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20