ROUND ROCK, Texas — The Round Rock Express rallied for three runs in the sixth inning on their way to a 3-1 victory over the Salt Lake Bees on Saturday night.
Craig Gentry led off the sixth with a double and scored the tying run on a two-out single by Val Majeski, who came home with the go-ahead run on a double to left by Chad Tracy. Joey Butler closed out the scoring with an RBI single that brought home Tracy.
The Bees had taken a 1-0 lead in the first inning on a run-scoring single by Paul McAnulty. Salt Lake had a chance to add to its lead in the fourth, as the Bees loaded the bases with no outs on three consecutive walks. But Round Rock starter Zach Jackson worked his way out of the jam without allowing a run.
Salt Lake starter Bear Bay (7-8) took the loss, as he allowed three runs on seven hits in six innings with two strikeouts and no walks. Salt Lake managed just three hits, as Round Rock took three out of four games from the Bees for the third straight season.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26