ROUND ROCK, Texas — The Round Rock Express rallied for three runs in the sixth inning on their way to a 3-1 victory over the Salt Lake Bees on Saturday night.
Craig Gentry led off the sixth with a double and scored the tying run on a two-out single by Val Majeski, who came home with the go-ahead run on a double to left by Chad Tracy. Joey Butler closed out the scoring with an RBI single that brought home Tracy.
The Bees had taken a 1-0 lead in the first inning on a run-scoring single by Paul McAnulty. Salt Lake had a chance to add to its lead in the fourth, as the Bees loaded the bases with no outs on three consecutive walks. But Round Rock starter Zach Jackson worked his way out of the jam without allowing a run.
Salt Lake starter Bear Bay (7-8) took the loss, as he allowed three runs on seven hits in six innings with two strikeouts and no walks. Salt Lake managed just three hits, as Round Rock took three out of four games from the Bees for the third straight season.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 66
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51