Fernando Llano, Associated Press
BOGOTA, Colombia — The knockout stage of the Under-20 World Cup was set on Saturday with three teams — Ecuador, Costa Rica and Guatemala — completing the round of 16.
Ecuador defeated Costa Rica 3-0 to grab second place in Group C. Costa Rica also advanced as one of the best four third-place teams. The top two in the six groups advance automatically.
In another Group C game, Spain demolished Australia 5-1 to finish atop the group with a perfect record.
Guatemala beat Croatia 1-0 to finish third in Group D, advancing as one of the best third-place teams. In another Group D match, Nigeria downed Saudi Arabia 2-0 to finish atop the group. Saudi Arabia was second.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 56
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45