Fernando Llano, Associated Press
BOGOTA, Colombia — The knockout stage of the Under-20 World Cup was set on Saturday with three teams — Ecuador, Costa Rica and Guatemala — completing the round of 16.
Ecuador defeated Costa Rica 3-0 to grab second place in Group C. Costa Rica also advanced as one of the best four third-place teams. The top two in the six groups advance automatically.
In another Group C game, Spain demolished Australia 5-1 to finish atop the group with a perfect record.
Guatemala beat Croatia 1-0 to finish third in Group D, advancing as one of the best third-place teams. In another Group D match, Nigeria downed Saudi Arabia 2-0 to finish atop the group. Saudi Arabia was second.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34