WASHINGTON — A mysterious donor who gave $1 million to a political action committee supportive of Mitt Romney for president has been identified.
Former Bain Capital executive Edward Conard gave the donation to the Romney-leaning Restore Our Future PAC, the group said Saturday. Romney co-founded Bain in 1984.
The donation had prompted rebuke from two campaign-finance watchdogs, which called on federal officials to investigate if any laws were broken.
Restore Our Future raised $12.2 million during the first six months of 2011 and was created by former aides to Romney, the former Massachusetts governor.
The outside group is not officially connected to Romney and can receive unlimited funds from corporations, thanks in part to the 2010 Supreme Court ruling known as "Citizens United."
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies, alliances
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and Canada
- Once controversial downtown property finally...
- Randy Shumway: Why so early? Holiday spending...
- The American Dream is still alive for... 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 7
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 5
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K... 1
- Barnes & Noble shares fall on SEC probe 1