We send our senators and congress people to Washington to solve problems, not to stonewall everything and accomplish nothing. I believe a lot of people who voted for Sen. Mike Lee are sorry they voted for him after seeing what an embarrassment he has become to Utah.
Sen. Orrin Hatch is another one we should be ashamed of by the way he is groveling to the ultra-right wingers of the Republican Party. We need someone like Sen. Bob Bennett who was a great statesman and knew how to compromise for the good of our nation.
I believe both Hatch and Lee voted to please that 20 percent of the Utah voters who control our state. I believe the great majority of independent voters who voted for Lee, now that they have seen how radical he is, are sorry and will not make that mistake again by voting for Hatch in the coming election.
Our country is in trouble, and we need moderates who are willing to compromise and do what is best for all of us. Mistakes have been made, but things can be fixed if we all come together for the good of our country.
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17