We send our senators and congress people to Washington to solve problems, not to stonewall everything and accomplish nothing. I believe a lot of people who voted for Sen. Mike Lee are sorry they voted for him after seeing what an embarrassment he has become to Utah.
Sen. Orrin Hatch is another one we should be ashamed of by the way he is groveling to the ultra-right wingers of the Republican Party. We need someone like Sen. Bob Bennett who was a great statesman and knew how to compromise for the good of our nation.
I believe both Hatch and Lee voted to please that 20 percent of the Utah voters who control our state. I believe the great majority of independent voters who voted for Lee, now that they have seen how radical he is, are sorry and will not make that mistake again by voting for Hatch in the coming election.
Our country is in trouble, and we need moderates who are willing to compromise and do what is best for all of us. Mistakes have been made, but things can be fixed if we all come together for the good of our country.
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38