It was sad to see the Utah delegation except Rep. Jim Matheson vote for default. That's what they did. Ideological intransigence is what's bad, not political compromise. Matheson showed courage. Utah needs people like Bob Bennett, Jake Garn, Ted Wilson, Frank Moss and Scott Matheson.
Sen. Orrin Hatch needs to change; however, there may be possible hope for him. Sen. Mike Lee needs to wake up or pack his ideological intransigent bags and go home. What has Jason Chaffetz brought home for Utah? Nothing but whining and ideological intransigence. Rep. Rob Bishop caved at the last moment. It was a sad day for Utah.
Bruce R. Christensen
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Letter: Animals in public places
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18