It was sad to see the Utah delegation except Rep. Jim Matheson vote for default. That's what they did. Ideological intransigence is what's bad, not political compromise. Matheson showed courage. Utah needs people like Bob Bennett, Jake Garn, Ted Wilson, Frank Moss and Scott Matheson.
Sen. Orrin Hatch needs to change; however, there may be possible hope for him. Sen. Mike Lee needs to wake up or pack his ideological intransigent bags and go home. What has Jason Chaffetz brought home for Utah? Nothing but whining and ideological intransigence. Rep. Rob Bishop caved at the last moment. It was a sad day for Utah.
Bruce R. Christensen
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 29
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 29
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 27