It was sad to see the Utah delegation except Rep. Jim Matheson vote for default. That's what they did. Ideological intransigence is what's bad, not political compromise. Matheson showed courage. Utah needs people like Bob Bennett, Jake Garn, Ted Wilson, Frank Moss and Scott Matheson.
Sen. Orrin Hatch needs to change; however, there may be possible hope for him. Sen. Mike Lee needs to wake up or pack his ideological intransigent bags and go home. What has Jason Chaffetz brought home for Utah? Nothing but whining and ideological intransigence. Rep. Rob Bishop caved at the last moment. It was a sad day for Utah.
Bruce R. Christensen
Salt Lake City
- My View: What I learned about air pollution...
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 60
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 47
- My View: What I learned about air... 26
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 19
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 18
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 18
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16