It was sad to see the Utah delegation except Rep. Jim Matheson vote for default. That's what they did. Ideological intransigence is what's bad, not political compromise. Matheson showed courage. Utah needs people like Bob Bennett, Jake Garn, Ted Wilson, Frank Moss and Scott Matheson.
Sen. Orrin Hatch needs to change; however, there may be possible hope for him. Sen. Mike Lee needs to wake up or pack his ideological intransigent bags and go home. What has Jason Chaffetz brought home for Utah? Nothing but whining and ideological intransigence. Rep. Rob Bishop caved at the last moment. It was a sad day for Utah.
Bruce R. Christensen
Salt Lake City
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- Letters: Dismantle IRS
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Parents care most
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21