Chad Whitlock, desert star
MURRAY — "Hunk-cules: I'm Too Sexy For My Toga" will open Aug. 11 at the Desert Star Playhouse.
Hercules, with unmatched strength, bravery and rippling muscles, is played by bodybuilder and former "Mr. Utah" Rick Miller. A comic look at the legendary hero of ancient Greece, "Hunk-cules" features a character who is all brawn and no brain.
Hercules must struggle to prove his worthiness to marry the beautiful princess, Lisa Marie. With the help of his trainer, Philo, Hercules must complete formidable tasks such as cleaning the entire palace, finding the queen of the Amazon and defeating the deadly three-headed Chimera.
He must also rely on a hilarious cast of characters, along with his own superpowers, to outsmart the deceitful Queen Medea and The King.
Directed and adapted by Scott Holman from a play by Beth Bruner and Norman E. Plate, "Hunk-cules: I'm Too Sexy For My Toga" runs Aug. 11 through Sept. 24th. One of Desert Star's signature musical olios follows the show. This "Rock 'n' Roll" olio features a tribute to rockin' American music, along with more Desert Star-style comedy.
Performances are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.; Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.; and Saturday matinees at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
For more information, call 801-266-2600.
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Photos: Fall colors over Guardsman Pass
- Photos: Elton John brings 'All The Hits' to Utah
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- ‘Big Bang Theory,’...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2
- Actress detained by police refuses to... 1
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your... 1