Chad Whitlock, desert star
MURRAY — "Hunk-cules: I'm Too Sexy For My Toga" will open Aug. 11 at the Desert Star Playhouse.
Hercules, with unmatched strength, bravery and rippling muscles, is played by bodybuilder and former "Mr. Utah" Rick Miller. A comic look at the legendary hero of ancient Greece, "Hunk-cules" features a character who is all brawn and no brain.
Hercules must struggle to prove his worthiness to marry the beautiful princess, Lisa Marie. With the help of his trainer, Philo, Hercules must complete formidable tasks such as cleaning the entire palace, finding the queen of the Amazon and defeating the deadly three-headed Chimera.
He must also rely on a hilarious cast of characters, along with his own superpowers, to outsmart the deceitful Queen Medea and The King.
Directed and adapted by Scott Holman from a play by Beth Bruner and Norman E. Plate, "Hunk-cules: I'm Too Sexy For My Toga" runs Aug. 11 through Sept. 24th. One of Desert Star's signature musical olios follows the show. This "Rock 'n' Roll" olio features a tribute to rockin' American music, along with more Desert Star-style comedy.
Performances are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.; Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.; and Saturday matinees at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
For more information, call 801-266-2600.
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- TLC cancels its 'Honey Boo Boo' series
- Marvel superheroes power up 'Disney Infinity...
- Classic films to help make your Halloween...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Old-fashioned soda shops making... 3
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1