Chad Whitlock, desert star
MURRAY — "Hunk-cules: I'm Too Sexy For My Toga" will open Aug. 11 at the Desert Star Playhouse.
Hercules, with unmatched strength, bravery and rippling muscles, is played by bodybuilder and former "Mr. Utah" Rick Miller. A comic look at the legendary hero of ancient Greece, "Hunk-cules" features a character who is all brawn and no brain.
Hercules must struggle to prove his worthiness to marry the beautiful princess, Lisa Marie. With the help of his trainer, Philo, Hercules must complete formidable tasks such as cleaning the entire palace, finding the queen of the Amazon and defeating the deadly three-headed Chimera.
He must also rely on a hilarious cast of characters, along with his own superpowers, to outsmart the deceitful Queen Medea and The King.
Directed and adapted by Scott Holman from a play by Beth Bruner and Norman E. Plate, "Hunk-cules: I'm Too Sexy For My Toga" runs Aug. 11 through Sept. 24th. One of Desert Star's signature musical olios follows the show. This "Rock 'n' Roll" olio features a tribute to rockin' American music, along with more Desert Star-style comedy.
Performances are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.; Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.; and Saturday matinees at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
For more information, call 801-266-2600.
- Trump takes time from victory lap to swat at...
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Trump takes time from victory lap to... 14
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed... 5
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2