The recent Deseret News editorial about the loss of life in the Norway tragedy was touching and compassionate ("Norway's tragedy," July 27). Every person with the milk of human kindness grieves for the nation of Norway and for the parents who lost the joy of their existence, their children.
Many others also carry the pain of this act of madness. Glenn Beck's comments saying the youth camps seem like "Hitler Youth" are deplorable and a rebuke to all who have any sense of decency and feeling for others' losses. Glenn Beck and any other who mines this act for just another soundbite display shallowness and insensitivity and are embarrassing to any civil society and rational human being.
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Things are...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Drew Clark: About-face by Apple Music shows...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- In our opinion: To aid the 60 million global...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: Religion in office 35
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 32
- Letter: Federal law violated 32
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 28
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27
- My view: Everything you think you know... 22