The recent Deseret News editorial about the loss of life in the Norway tragedy was touching and compassionate ("Norway's tragedy," July 27). Every person with the milk of human kindness grieves for the nation of Norway and for the parents who lost the joy of their existence, their children.
Many others also carry the pain of this act of madness. Glenn Beck's comments saying the youth camps seem like "Hitler Youth" are deplorable and a rebuke to all who have any sense of decency and feeling for others' losses. Glenn Beck and any other who mines this act for just another soundbite display shallowness and insensitivity and are embarrassing to any civil society and rational human being.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18