The recent Deseret News editorial about the loss of life in the Norway tragedy was touching and compassionate ("Norway's tragedy," July 27). Every person with the milk of human kindness grieves for the nation of Norway and for the parents who lost the joy of their existence, their children.
Many others also carry the pain of this act of madness. Glenn Beck's comments saying the youth camps seem like "Hitler Youth" are deplorable and a rebuke to all who have any sense of decency and feeling for others' losses. Glenn Beck and any other who mines this act for just another soundbite display shallowness and insensitivity and are embarrassing to any civil society and rational human being.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30