The recent Deseret News editorial about the loss of life in the Norway tragedy was touching and compassionate ("Norway's tragedy," July 27). Every person with the milk of human kindness grieves for the nation of Norway and for the parents who lost the joy of their existence, their children.
Many others also carry the pain of this act of madness. Glenn Beck's comments saying the youth camps seem like "Hitler Youth" are deplorable and a rebuke to all who have any sense of decency and feeling for others' losses. Glenn Beck and any other who mines this act for just another soundbite display shallowness and insensitivity and are embarrassing to any civil society and rational human being.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 37