The recent Deseret News editorial about the loss of life in the Norway tragedy was touching and compassionate ("Norway's tragedy," July 27). Every person with the milk of human kindness grieves for the nation of Norway and for the parents who lost the joy of their existence, their children.
Many others also carry the pain of this act of madness. Glenn Beck's comments saying the youth camps seem like "Hitler Youth" are deplorable and a rebuke to all who have any sense of decency and feeling for others' losses. Glenn Beck and any other who mines this act for just another soundbite display shallowness and insensitivity and are embarrassing to any civil society and rational human being.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19