Utah Utes football: Norm Chow has work to do at alma mater
Wynn wasn't able to throw the ball in spring practices after undergoing shoulder surgery in December. He has since been cleared to do so, however, and has spent the summer increasing his range while getting 100 percent healthy.
Although Wynn will see limited duty early in camp for precautionary reasons, it's business as usual up on the hill.
"The preparation process goes on. Nothing changes in that respect. Our guys know our routine," Whittingham said. "It's all about hard work, attention to detail, focus, team chemistry, all those elements. Those are the overriding elements that make or break you."
Preparing for Pac-12 play has raised the bar even higher.
"It's a challenge, a huge challenge because we're going into a very difficult conference," Chow said. "It's full of great players and great coaches."
Wynn and the Utes are looking forward to it.
"I think as a team it's going to be all mental. We have scholarship guys just like USC has scholarship guys, just like Cal has scholarship guys," the junior said at last month's celebration at the State Capitol. "It's just going to be the mental grind of playing great teams week-in and week-out, but I think we'll be fine."
Utah opens Pac-12 play Sept. 10 at USC. The Utes kick off the season Sept. 1 at home against Montana State.
EXTRA POINTS: All camp practices and scrimmages will be closed to the public. ... Practice begins Thursday morning at the Ute Baseball Field. ... Linebacker Nai Fotu, who was suspended after a DUI arrest in February, will practice with the team. The senior has not, however, been reinstated to play in games at this point.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28