Utah Utes football: Norm Chow has work to do at alma mater
Wynn wasn't able to throw the ball in spring practices after undergoing shoulder surgery in December. He has since been cleared to do so, however, and has spent the summer increasing his range while getting 100 percent healthy.
Although Wynn will see limited duty early in camp for precautionary reasons, it's business as usual up on the hill.
"The preparation process goes on. Nothing changes in that respect. Our guys know our routine," Whittingham said. "It's all about hard work, attention to detail, focus, team chemistry, all those elements. Those are the overriding elements that make or break you."
Preparing for Pac-12 play has raised the bar even higher.
"It's a challenge, a huge challenge because we're going into a very difficult conference," Chow said. "It's full of great players and great coaches."
Wynn and the Utes are looking forward to it.
"I think as a team it's going to be all mental. We have scholarship guys just like USC has scholarship guys, just like Cal has scholarship guys," the junior said at last month's celebration at the State Capitol. "It's just going to be the mental grind of playing great teams week-in and week-out, but I think we'll be fine."
Utah opens Pac-12 play Sept. 10 at USC. The Utes kick off the season Sept. 1 at home against Montana State.
EXTRA POINTS: All camp practices and scrimmages will be closed to the public. ... Practice begins Thursday morning at the Ute Baseball Field. ... Linebacker Nai Fotu, who was suspended after a DUI arrest in February, will practice with the team. The senior has not, however, been reinstated to play in games at this point.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 143
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16