ROUND ROCK, Texas — An unearned run in the eighth inning allowed the Round Rock Express to edge the Bees 3-2 on Wednesday night to snap Salt Lake's four-game winning streak.
Leonys Martin opened the eighth by reaching on an error by second baseman Freddy Sandoval. Martin stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error by catcher Cole Armstrong. He then scored the winning run on Matt Kata's second RBI double of the game.
The Bees took a 2-0 lead in the fourth on a two-out, two-run single by Rian Kiniry, but the Express tied the game with two runs in the sixth.
Matt Meyer (0-1) was the tough-luck losing pitcher in his Triple-A debut. Starter Jerome Williams allowed just two runs on five hits in six innings with three strikeouts and two walks.
All nine member of the Salt Lake starting lineup had at least one hit, all singles, with Hank Conger leading the way with two.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27