ROUND ROCK, Texas — An unearned run in the eighth inning allowed the Round Rock Express to edge the Bees 3-2 on Wednesday night to snap Salt Lake's four-game winning streak.
Leonys Martin opened the eighth by reaching on an error by second baseman Freddy Sandoval. Martin stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error by catcher Cole Armstrong. He then scored the winning run on Matt Kata's second RBI double of the game.
The Bees took a 2-0 lead in the fourth on a two-out, two-run single by Rian Kiniry, but the Express tied the game with two runs in the sixth.
Matt Meyer (0-1) was the tough-luck losing pitcher in his Triple-A debut. Starter Jerome Williams allowed just two runs on five hits in six innings with three strikeouts and two walks.
All nine member of the Salt Lake starting lineup had at least one hit, all singles, with Hank Conger leading the way with two.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26