ROUND ROCK, Texas — An unearned run in the eighth inning allowed the Round Rock Express to edge the Bees 3-2 on Wednesday night to snap Salt Lake's four-game winning streak.
Leonys Martin opened the eighth by reaching on an error by second baseman Freddy Sandoval. Martin stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error by catcher Cole Armstrong. He then scored the winning run on Matt Kata's second RBI double of the game.
The Bees took a 2-0 lead in the fourth on a two-out, two-run single by Rian Kiniry, but the Express tied the game with two runs in the sixth.
Matt Meyer (0-1) was the tough-luck losing pitcher in his Triple-A debut. Starter Jerome Williams allowed just two runs on five hits in six innings with three strikeouts and two walks.
All nine member of the Salt Lake starting lineup had at least one hit, all singles, with Hank Conger leading the way with two.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37