ROUND ROCK, Texas — An unearned run in the eighth inning allowed the Round Rock Express to edge the Bees 3-2 on Wednesday night to snap Salt Lake's four-game winning streak.
Leonys Martin opened the eighth by reaching on an error by second baseman Freddy Sandoval. Martin stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error by catcher Cole Armstrong. He then scored the winning run on Matt Kata's second RBI double of the game.
The Bees took a 2-0 lead in the fourth on a two-out, two-run single by Rian Kiniry, but the Express tied the game with two runs in the sixth.
Matt Meyer (0-1) was the tough-luck losing pitcher in his Triple-A debut. Starter Jerome Williams allowed just two runs on five hits in six innings with three strikeouts and two walks.
All nine member of the Salt Lake starting lineup had at least one hit, all singles, with Hank Conger leading the way with two.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon State opens the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 114
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 26
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 20