ROUND ROCK, Texas — An unearned run in the eighth inning allowed the Round Rock Express to edge the Bees 3-2 on Wednesday night to snap Salt Lake's four-game winning streak.
Leonys Martin opened the eighth by reaching on an error by second baseman Freddy Sandoval. Martin stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error by catcher Cole Armstrong. He then scored the winning run on Matt Kata's second RBI double of the game.
The Bees took a 2-0 lead in the fourth on a two-out, two-run single by Rian Kiniry, but the Express tied the game with two runs in the sixth.
Matt Meyer (0-1) was the tough-luck losing pitcher in his Triple-A debut. Starter Jerome Williams allowed just two runs on five hits in six innings with three strikeouts and two walks.
All nine member of the Salt Lake starting lineup had at least one hit, all singles, with Hank Conger leading the way with two.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22