WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: At Puerto Montt, Chile, Michelle Plouffe and the Canada Junior Women's National Team closed out the FIBA U19 World Championships with a fifth-place finish on Sunday.
After finishing group play 6-0, Canada was upset by Spain in the quarterfinals, 69-55. The team bounced back to defeat Japan (77-71) and France (70-52) to close out the tournament in fifth.
Plouffe had 12 points with six rebounds against Spain. Against Japan, she tallied 19 points with eight rebounds and finished off the tournament with a 14-point effort vs. France.
For the tournament, Plouffe averaged 15.2 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34