"Romney's record of being a turnaround artist at Bain capital and a very successful businessman may create cognitive dissonance among voters if the economy is bad enough. Voters may say, 'Though I have these suspicions about Romney, the economy is so bad that I will vote for Mitt Romney because of his credentials as a turnaround artist despite these suspicions.' "
The faction of the republican party who needs the least convincing about Romney are the well-educated. According to a Gallup poll conducted earlier this year Romney was the top candidate among potential republican voters with college degrees. Romney is currently considered the GOP frontrunner and has been pegged by many political pundits as the most likely candidate to win the GOP nomination.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13