VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Landon Donovan scored twice, including a penalty kick in the 75th minute, and the Los Angeles Galaxy extended their unbeaten streak to 14 games with a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps on Saturday.
Midfielder Sean Franklin in the 85th minute and Adam Cristman in the 90th also scored for the Galaxy. It was the fourth time in five games the Galaxy won in a shutout.
The Whitecaps held their own for the first half against the league-leading Galaxy, who played without superstar David Beckham.
Donovan's first goal came in the 61st minute, when he took advantage of a fall by Whitecaps defender Michael Boxall. The Galaxy captain took a long pass from Franklin, let the ball bounce off his chest, then chipped a shot past Vancouver goalkeeper Joe Cannon.
DYNAMO 3, SOUNDERS 1: At Houston, Brian Ching scored twice and Houston ended Seattle's nine-game unbeaten streak. Colin Clark added a goal and an assist for Houston, which moved into a tie with Kansas City at 27 points. Seattle (38 points) stayed third in the Western Conference.
SPORTING KANSAS CITY 1, REVOLUTION 1: At Kansas City, Kan., substitute Teal Bunbury scored his first goal since April in the 89th minute to give Sporting Kansas City the tie with 10-man New England. Sporting has gone 13 games without a loss, and has had four come-from-behind draws in five games. In three of those, the equalizer has come after the 85th minute. Rajko Lekic scored for the Revs in the 38th minute, and New England seemed ready to hold on, but defender A.J. Soares got a straight red card in the 82nd when he took down C.J. Sapong on a break, just outside the area.
DC UNITED 2, EARTHQUAKES 0: At Santa Clara, Calif., Dwayne De Rosario scored a pair of second-half goals and D.C. United hung on despite playing a man down for the final 20 minutes.
TORONTO FC 2, TIMBERS 2: At Portland, Ore., Toronto scored two goals in the final 20 minutes of the second half to earn a point on the road. Peri Marosevic and Danny Koevermans scored in the 71st and 81st minutes.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45