VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Landon Donovan scored twice, including a penalty kick in the 75th minute, and the Los Angeles Galaxy extended their unbeaten streak to 14 games with a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps on Saturday.
Midfielder Sean Franklin in the 85th minute and Adam Cristman in the 90th also scored for the Galaxy. It was the fourth time in five games the Galaxy won in a shutout.
The Whitecaps held their own for the first half against the league-leading Galaxy, who played without superstar David Beckham.
Donovan's first goal came in the 61st minute, when he took advantage of a fall by Whitecaps defender Michael Boxall. The Galaxy captain took a long pass from Franklin, let the ball bounce off his chest, then chipped a shot past Vancouver goalkeeper Joe Cannon.
DYNAMO 3, SOUNDERS 1: At Houston, Brian Ching scored twice and Houston ended Seattle's nine-game unbeaten streak. Colin Clark added a goal and an assist for Houston, which moved into a tie with Kansas City at 27 points. Seattle (38 points) stayed third in the Western Conference.
SPORTING KANSAS CITY 1, REVOLUTION 1: At Kansas City, Kan., substitute Teal Bunbury scored his first goal since April in the 89th minute to give Sporting Kansas City the tie with 10-man New England. Sporting has gone 13 games without a loss, and has had four come-from-behind draws in five games. In three of those, the equalizer has come after the 85th minute. Rajko Lekic scored for the Revs in the 38th minute, and New England seemed ready to hold on, but defender A.J. Soares got a straight red card in the 82nd when he took down C.J. Sapong on a break, just outside the area.
DC UNITED 2, EARTHQUAKES 0: At Santa Clara, Calif., Dwayne De Rosario scored a pair of second-half goals and D.C. United hung on despite playing a man down for the final 20 minutes.
TORONTO FC 2, TIMBERS 2: At Portland, Ore., Toronto scored two goals in the final 20 minutes of the second half to earn a point on the road. Peri Marosevic and Danny Koevermans scored in the 71st and 81st minutes.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25