Beeler sees the similarities — besides the notable artwork — in Harbaugh's transition to the 49ers and his Stanford days. The difference now is the larger stage — and greater expectations.
"I think we'll click in pretty quickly," Beeler said. "I think that's the thing coach Harbaugh was so good at doing at Stanford, fostering an environment in training camp that brought people together. It's hard to articulate exactly what that is or how he's able to do it, but I see echoes of that here."
Notes: The team officially released CB Nate Clements. ... San Francisco S C.J. Spillman signed his one-year tender. ... The 49ers signed free agent fullback Jack Corcoran to a three-year deal. He was an undrafted free agent with the Houston Texans in 2010. ... 49ers cornerback Reggie Smith confirmed the team voted unanimously to recertify the players' union.
Antonio Gonzalez can be reached at: http://www.twitter.com/agonzalezAP
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21