A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Temple Hill: "How Great the Love" mixed-media art exhibit, through July 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Oakland: Mormon Night, Oakland A's vs. Toronto Blue Jays, Aug. 20, pre-game tailgate 4:30 p.m., game 6:05 p.m., Oakland Coliseum, 7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland (see alumni.byu.edu/oaklandAs2011 for ticket information)
Orange County Single Adults (31 and up): Conference, Elder Shayne Bowen, Brad Wilcox, Alisa Goodwin Snell, Craig Jessop, Marvin Goldstein, Vanessa Joy, Aug 4-7 (see ocbcconference.com for registration and schedule)
Los Angeles Temple Visitors' Center: "A Special Destiny," multicultural pioneer memories, July 30, 4 p.m.; David Blasucci and friends — A Summer Evening of Music, Aug. 6, 7 p.m.; "The Gospel Restored thru the Prophet Joseph Smith" by the Centinela 2nd Ward., Aug. 19, 7 p.m.; Mike Ramsdell, author of "A Train to Potevka," Aug. 27, 7 p.m.
Hawaii YSA and single adults: Regional YSA/SA conference, Aug. 18-21, Laie (early registration $25 by Aug. 8; see www.koolauloacalendar.org/register.html for registration, cost and schedules)
Historic Chesterfield: Concert, Vince & Mindi, Aug. 20, 7 p.m., Amusement Hall at the Historic Townsite
Nauvoo: Sunday Sociables, Sundays, Joseph's Children July 31, 7 p.m., Historic Nauvoo Visitors' Center (see www.historicnauvoo.net)
Nauvoo Pageant: through July 30, Tuesdays-Saturdays, 8:30 p.m.; southwest of the reconstructed Nauvoo Temple; country fair, 7 p.m. (see www.nauvoopageant.org)
Synthesis: Concerts, Aug. 3, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 7:30 p.m., Nauvoo Outdoor Stage; Aug. 4, 5:30 p.m. Charger Center, Carthage (see pam.byu.edu)
Nauvoo area YSAs: YSA Conference, Sept. 16-18, Historic Nauvoo (for registration information, schedule and cost, go to nauvooysaconference2011.eventbrite.com)
Come Home to Kanesville pageant:July 30, 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., Historic Kanesville Tabernacle, 222 E. Broadway, Council Bluffs (see www.kanesville.org)
Synthesis: Concert, Aug. 2, Fairfield Arts and Convention Center, Fairfield (see pam.byu.edu)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," through October, open daily 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, Aug 9, 7:30 p.m.; Why I Believe: Elder Stephen and Sister Laurie Sowby, Aug. 21, 7 p.m. (see mormon.org/dc)
Screening: "Joseph Smith: Plates of Gold," Aug. 3, 7 p.m., The Delaplaine, 40 S. Carroll St., Frederick; Aug. 4, 7 p.m., Bow Tie Harbour 9, 2474 Solomons Island Road, Annapolis
Mormon Trail Center at Winter Quarters: "The Healing Power of Christ," sculpture exhibit, extended through July 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., 3215 State St., Omaha (for information, call 402-453-9372)
Sandstone Stake: Family History Jamboree, Sept. 24, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 221 S. Lorenzi, Las Vegas (register at fhcopenhouse.org)
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- President Uchtdorf presents $3 million to...
- Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr. addresses 'A...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 35
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 31
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15