Karl Malone embarking on USO tour with Jon Stewart, others
SALT LAKE CITY — Another prominent NBA figure is heading overseas.
However, Karl Malone's upcoming trip has nothing to do with seeking international fortunes during the lockout.
The Mailman is going on a USO entertainment tour this summer with "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart, popular illusionist David Blaine and Admiral Mike Mullen, the current Joint Chiefs of Staff.
For six days, the group will entertain and visit with military personnel in three countries. For security purposes, the USO does not announce the tour's exact itinerary.
While it will be the former Utah Jazz star's first overseas USO tour, this will be the 10th such trip for Mullen. He has worked with the USO since 2007, leading tours in 13 countries and helping entertain 74,300 service men and women, according to an NBA press release.
Twitter: DJJazzyJody Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45