Karl Malone embarking on USO tour with Jon Stewart, others
SALT LAKE CITY — Another prominent NBA figure is heading overseas.
However, Karl Malone's upcoming trip has nothing to do with seeking international fortunes during the lockout.
The Mailman is going on a USO entertainment tour this summer with "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart, popular illusionist David Blaine and Admiral Mike Mullen, the current Joint Chiefs of Staff.
For six days, the group will entertain and visit with military personnel in three countries. For security purposes, the USO does not announce the tour's exact itinerary.
While it will be the former Utah Jazz star's first overseas USO tour, this will be the 10th such trip for Mullen. He has worked with the USO since 2007, leading tours in 13 countries and helping entertain 74,300 service men and women, according to an NBA press release.
Twitter: DJJazzyJody Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30