Karl Malone embarking on USO tour with Jon Stewart, others
SALT LAKE CITY — Another prominent NBA figure is heading overseas.
However, Karl Malone's upcoming trip has nothing to do with seeking international fortunes during the lockout.
The Mailman is going on a USO entertainment tour this summer with "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart, popular illusionist David Blaine and Admiral Mike Mullen, the current Joint Chiefs of Staff.
For six days, the group will entertain and visit with military personnel in three countries. For security purposes, the USO does not announce the tour's exact itinerary.
While it will be the former Utah Jazz star's first overseas USO tour, this will be the 10th such trip for Mullen. He has worked with the USO since 2007, leading tours in 13 countries and helping entertain 74,300 service men and women, according to an NBA press release.
Twitter: DJJazzyJody Email: email@example.com
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45