SALT LAKE CITY — Another prominent NBA figure is heading overseas.
However, Karl Malone's upcoming trip has nothing to do with seeking international fortunes during the lockout.
The Mailman is going on a USO entertainment tour this summer with "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart, popular illusionist David Blaine and Admiral Mike Mullen, the current Joint Chiefs of Staff.
For six days, the group will entertain and visit with military personnel in three countries. For security purposes, the USO does not announce the tour's exact itinerary.
While it will be the former Utah Jazz star's first overseas USO tour, this will be the 10th such trip for Mullen. He has worked with the USO since 2007, leading tours in 13 countries and helping entertain 74,300 service men and women, according to an NBA press release.
Twitter: DJJazzyJody Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 73
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27